My New Best Friend: AI

 Hi agaainnnnn you guys!!!

If you are new here, welcome 😝 Don't worry you didn't miss much πŸ˜‰


This week, of course, we had another new assignment, dear readers. This one was quite different and evoked strange feelings, to be honest. Alright, without further ado, I'm explaining the topic. It was "Chat with a Historical Figure" using Magic School's AI tools. 



I'm sure you were just as shocked as I was when I learned about it because I thought, "How can this be possible?" Well, Magic School has a feature called Character Chatbot. You choose any character you want (they can be fictional characters from TV shows or movies too), and you chat with them, and the AI provides responses that are like what that character might say. Crazy, right?


During the production process, figuring out the application was a bit challenging for me, so I got some help from my friends. But afterwards, it was super easy. First, I determined the questions I would ask and the setting. Then, I completed and shortened the dialogue because it had given very long responses. Oh, by the way, I chose to talk with the founder of our republic, Mustafa Kemal AtatΓΌrk, because I believe these days we all need him the most.  


                                                            (me asking my best friend for help)

After finishing the dialogue, I asked the same AI for feedback, and it really gave great feedback in terms of content. It was incredibly helpful for me. However, I just wish I hadn't learned about this application at the end of the year πŸ˜” After feedback process, I prepared a report and finished the work. 


Honestly, as a teacher, I've always been somewhat wary of using AI. I used to think that if my students used AI, they could deceive me. But with this assignment, I've come to realize that in a changing and evolving world of technology, we need to educate our students about AI so they don't fall behind. Everything in this world can be abused, and it's up to us to choose, but if we guide our students with accurate information, we encourage them towards what's right.



Also, compared to other AI programs, Magic School seemed more guiding. Unlike typical AI, it doesn't just give you feedback by changing and presenting it to you. Instead, it offers suggestions, like "it would be better if you did it like this." This actually leaves the choice to the student. So, it's not about taking the easy way out.

Honestly, this assignment did challenge me a bit in terms of time because it coincided with a busy period for me. Perhaps if I had more time, I could have been more creative, but I believe I did my best 😌. I hope you like it 😚. I recommend Magic School's AI tools to everyone guysss!!! Go check it πŸ’ƒ

Chat with AtatΓΌrk

Comments

Popular Posts